About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, December 04, 2017

V is for VITALITY



Vitality refers to exuberant physical strength or mental power. Lately, my physical energy has felt drained, which in turn has felt like my mental energy is flushing away as well. It may have something to do with the time of year, as November is always such a dreary month and looking forward to Christmas is not as full of excitement as it used to be. It's been raining heavily a lot and the trails are muddy and slippery with rotting leaves.  But sunlight today and the forecast is for more sun, so I'm sure my mood will pick up. You can see in the photo below it looks like Chernobyl...
Tutoring helps me to be in top mental form, and this year I have all boys!  I have two new Grade 9s and I still have two Grade 11 boys and one Grade 12 boy.  I work 10 hours a week as some of them come more than once a week.  The province is in the process of changing the curriculums so I have a lot more to learn so that I can help my students.  I need to read and study up on topics that have never been taught before. However, I do think that not only my education and experience helps, but also simply my maturity and having lived through many historical events, as well as keeping up with the news on the environment and politics. But, just like the kids, I am looking forward to vegging for a couple of weeks. 

I'm stunned at the level of comprehension expected of students in this day and age. I'm also stunned by the topics studied, but then I guess kids at this age are more "aware" than we were in my prehistoric days. I do wonder, though, why kids in their early teens need to read books with themes about rape, sex, and murder. Ah well, it keeps my brain ticking along trying to keep up with them all while at the same time, I feel like one worn-out woman.


Continued thanks to Melody for continuing this ABC Wednesday meme. Her group of vivacious, vigilant, and valued helpers will visit each person's contribution and give valuable insight to you. If you haven't joined in yet, please do or consider starting with our next Round in about a month.

28 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I solve puzzles to exercise my brain. It's getting mushy.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Anonymous said...

and yet, it seems as if they don't learn enough

ABC-Wednesday said...

We all need some vitality extra at certains points, don't we.

I don't know if you know it, nor if it is available there where you live... I even don't know if it can be purchased but since juny I use one drop a day of CBD-oil...(canabidoil) its organic but it gives me al the vitality I need, physically and mentaly!
Maybe you want to reed about it? : https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/what-is-cbd-hemp-oil/

Have a ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-W-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-v

carol l mckenna said...

Great post for V ~ think we all need a good bit of vitality these days ~

Happy Week to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
(aka, A Creative Harbor

Ann said...

I feel like the gal in the chair today!! I need to muster up some vitality to Christmas shop.
Annn

Roger Owen Green said...

keep up with that Vim and Vigor!
ROG, ABCW

Beverley Baird said...

I know I could certainly use more vitality, especially at this time of year. Great choice for V.

Powell River Books said...

All this fog is sucking all of the vitality right out of me. - Margy

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

writing is my compulsion and gives me vitality.

Prince said...

Play Bazaar very nice this is kjya baat hai shayri bhot bdiya hai ye to mazedar valuable site Satta King

Prince said...

Play Bazaar It may not be something that interests you much, but learning about money will help you feel more confident in the decisions you make now and will help you plan for the future. Understanding your Satta King finances can be as simple as following the suggestions in this article.

Prince said...

Play Bazaar You will also want to think about how much you spend for food at both grocery stores and at restaurants. Do not forget to note other expenditures; this includes what you spend when you go out to have fun or the costs associated with Satta King daycare or a babysitter.

Prince said...

When Play Bazaar you go to sell your gold, make sure your expectations are not too high and bring your government-issued identification. On average, gold dealers pay between 70 and 80 percent of the actual value. The law requires that dealers ask sellers for identification when buying gold to aid police in their Satta King investigations about stolen property.

Prince said...

When Play Bazaar consider what toys to purchase for a small child, safety is very important. Avoid toys that are stuffed with small pellets or beans because these can present a choking hazard if they spill out of the toy. You should also avoid toys with parts that have a diameter of less than Satta King 1.75 inches.

Prince said...


Maximize Play Bazaar your landscaping work by designing a year-round outdoor space. Select plants that will grow in the fall, spring, summer and winter, as is realistic for your area. It is also possible to utilize trees that offer beautiful foliage as well as evergreen specimens so that your outdoor Satta King space looks good any time of year.

Unknown said...

If Play Bazaar you normally exercise outside when you are pregnant, and it is extremely hot, move your exercise indoors. Your core body temperature may reach dangerous levels and this is not good for the fetus. If you get too hot, it could have adverse affects on Satta King your growing baby.

Play Bazaar said...

Make regular appointments to have your teeth cleaned by a dentist. You need to schedule these appointments at least once a year. The discoloration on your teeth may not be caused by actual staining but simply by plaque build-up, which is difficult to remove without the professional tools your dentist has. Satta King Play Bazaar

Ganga Music said...

Comment on the blogs of others as frequently as possible. Social media marketing, after all, is about being social and talking to others. Ganga Cassetes Find The Best Secrets To Achieving Amazing Social Media Marketing Success Here Ganga Music Get to know others in your field, and let them get to know you. That can provide wonderful opportunities for networking.

Play Bazaar said...

Satta King Great Tips For Boosting Your Internet Marketing Success Play Bazaar As an internet marketer with a website, you need to make sure that you're not annoying people with your ads. If you're using an ad server that has a pop-up, you can really drive people away. Having to wait 10 seconds to click the X when visiting a page is just pointless, so go with text or banner ads only and avoid those pop-ups.

Unknown said...

Lagta hai ye Din Naya hai

Nigahein Tumko Dekhna Chahti hai
play bazaar satta king

jatin said...

If your landing page is constructed well, you will have a much greater chance of converting your leads into sales.play bazaar
satta king

Ganga Bhakti said...

Take advantage of everything a mobile device has to offer. Innovation is happening very quickly in the mobile marketing arena, and much of it is driven by the quick innovation occurring in mobile hardware. Look at what the new devices have to offer and add their new abilities into your mobile marketing tactics. Just in the last two years, new hardware innovations that have affected mobile marketing have included front-facing cameras, location awareness and high definition video recording.satta king
play bazaar

Play Bazaar city said...

Performing your workouts slower takes more control and sheer strength, will give you far better results than quickly churning out sets in bad form.satta king

Play Bazaar said...

satta king You should think about hiding certain small valuables inside the walls.

prince said...

Be that as it may, the truth of the matter is that it very well may be a useful device for the individuals who need a crisp monetary start. play bazaar

Unknown said...

आपकी न्यूज़
When going by utilizing plane, attempt and limitation your self to a solitary 20 pound portable suitcase. Along these lines, you continually acknowledge wherein you things is. In case you're going to more than one goals in a solitary outing, there might be nothing more terrible than having your baggage pursuing you around simultaneously as you go without smooth clothing.

Satta King said...

Mohabbat ki Wakalat Nahi Ki Ja Sakti
Shehr Bhar se to Adawat Nahi Ki Ja Sakti
Mera Chehra Meri Aankhain hain Salamat Ab Bhi
Kon Kehta Hai Wazahat Nahi Ki Ja Sakti
Baat ye Hai k koi Toot k Chahay to Sahi
…Her kisi se to Mohabbat Nahi Ki Ja Sakti
Ankh Kehti Hai Kahin Aur Chalay Jayen Hum
Dil ye Kehta Hai k Hijrat Nahi Ki Ja Sakti
Loh-e-Dil par Yehi Tehrer Likhi hay Mohsin
Ishq Walon ko Naseehat Nahi Ki Ja Saktisatta king
play bazaar

Satta King said...

Humara SMS aa gaya.`Ye Zindagi Tere Sath HoYe Aarzoo Din Raat HoMai Tere Sang Sang ChaluTu Har Safar Mai Mere Sath HoMai Kanto Par Bhi Chal PaduTere Pyar Ki Jab Barsat Ho`Kabhi Sham Dhale Jab Hum MileNa Din Dhale Na Raat HoYe Aarzoo Din Raat HoYe Zindgi Tere Sath Ho..`Tumhari Duniya Se Chale Jane Ke Baad Hum TumheHar Ek Tare Me Nazar Aaya KarengeTum Har Pal Koi Dua Mang LenaAur Hum Har Baar Toot Jaya Karenge.. satta king
Satta King