About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, October 23, 2017

P is for PUMPKINS

Sorry I missed last week everyone, but it was a particularly busy time.  Still is, but I figured I should try to put together a little something just so you don't forget about me! I decided to show you a few of my latest photos of pumpkins out at Westham Island Herb Farm near to where I live. I really enjoy going there in the fall to see their wonderful displays of fruits, vegetables, and flowers. A scarecrow greets everyone at the gate with a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins and the store is filled with all sorts or pumpkins, gourds, and flowers.
Tegan and I plodded out to the pumpkin field but it appeared that a lot had already been picked. But she did sit nicely so I could take her picture there.
Finally, this is their fabulous "Produce Pickup" truck!
So pumpkin season is upon us as Halloween grows ever closer.  I won't be buying a pumpkin to carve as there aren't any children who go door to door in my condo development.  But I just might buy a pumpkin pie for dessert when the kids come over for supper next weekend.

10 comments:

Hildred said...

Your Fraser Valley is like our Similkameen - awash with pumpkins!!!

My clientele on Halloween Eve varies from year to year, but Surely expect some great-grands wo will be prepared with a jack-o-lantern and some goodies....

Anonymous said...

happy dogs and wonderful pumpkins. what a gr8 time of the year

ABC-Wednesday said...

That looks colourful!

Last view years we see them overhere also more and more... although Haloween is not particulary a Dutch feast.

Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-WEDNES-day / – week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-p

Lea said...

I enjoy seeing all the different sizes and shapes of pumpkins!
Have a wonderful day!

Roger Owen Green said...

I always miss you!
ROG, ABCW

Unknown said...

Na Kar Mere Jazbato Pe,
Tere Sath Hi Zindagi Meri Khubsurat Hai,
Jitni Ehmiyat Hai Pani Ki Marte Insan K Liye,
Bus Utni Hi Muje Teri Zarurat Hai...play bazaar satta king

Play Bazaar said...

With this information, you can make your appointments with the top three play bazaar

play bazaar companies you've chosen so that you can compare pricing and look at specific monitoring and plans.
satta king

prince said...

and you will have the option to see chapter 11 out of another,satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

Regardless of whether you are leaving city for an end of the week escape, or turning away to a remote area for a considerable length of time, voyaging carries with it a specific amount of issues and fears. Ideally the contemplations we have for you directly here will help to situate your musings calm, and lead to more joyful, more secure outing.
आप की न्यूज़

Satta King said...

Kyun pyaar karne ki hadein hoti hein
Kyun dil dene ki waje hoti hein
Kyun jazbaaton ko dabana padta hai
Kyun iss dil ko samjana padta hai
Kyun har dil ko ye mehsoos nahin hota
Kyun sabko ye manzoor nahin hota
Kyun dil se dil nahin milta
Kyun pyaar ka phool nahin khilta
Kyun dil ke naghme dil nahin gaata
Dil mein kya hai ye keh nahin pata
Kya dil dene ki yahi saza hai
Kya pyaar karne mein yahi mazaa hai satta king
play bazaar