About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, October 26, 2015

PUMPKIN PATCH

This week, ABC Wednesday is brought to you by the letter P, as in pumpkin patch.  We spent the afternoon at Country Farms Pumpkin Patch yesterday, and the kids had a blast going out into the fields to pick their pumpkins.  It was very expensive to go into that particular area where you could have a hay ride, a mini train ride, get an apple and other treats and view the displays.  So I opted to be photographer and caught them as they went by on the hay ride and then went and shot just about everything I saw - from roosters, bunnies, goats, and piles of fresh vegies in the market area.  When we got home, my daughter and son-in-law helped the kids design and carve their pumpkins.  They were leaving last night on a vacation/business trip, so wanted to share the experience with the kids before they left.  So we now have 5 pumpkins decorating my front porch and the kids just need to put candles inside for Halloween night.  Here are some photos of our great day at the pumpkin patch.








With plenty of thanks to Mrs. Nesbitt, our perennial leader/creator, and to the popular Roger, our personable administrator.  Also, plenty more thanks to the phenomenal team who pop by to give each contributor praiseworthy points of view.  See you all next week for the letter Q.

21 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful clear photos, Leslie! Haloween looks very good and a great event!
Thanks for your visit!
Have a great Haloween!
Wil, ABCW Team

Unknown said...

Hello Leslie

wonderful photo's indeed... and lots of fun also..

Have a nice abc-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

Roger Owen Green said...

love the truck!
ROG, ABCW

Rajesh said...

Wonderful set of images. The pumpkin carvings are very nice.

Berowne said...

In a word, impressive...

Unknown said...

fit, and seasonally cool.

I mean pumpkin patch.

photowannabe said...

Love the truck and the Piles of corn and other veggies.
Perfect Post for the letter P.

carol l mckenna said...

what a wonderful family time and great photos for the Season ~


Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Photo Cache said...

Pumpkin patches seem to crop up in every corner at this time every year. Great shots.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Hildred said...

Love all your beautiful pictures, Leslie, - happy halloween to you and your family.

Beloo Mehra said...

Great pictures there. Especially like the ones with chilli peppers and pumpkins. Enjoy the season!

Deepa said...

Nice pictures

Lea said...

Love those toothy pumpkins in the last photo!

Beat About the Book said...

This is such a fun tradition. Your pictures brought it alive for me. Loved all of them. Thanks for sharing.

Bikram said...

beautiful pictures that are a lot of pumpkins

happy halloween in advance .. 3 days to go :)

Bikram's

Anonymous said...

Am getting dizzy from all those P's! (not really:) ) Love that beaut up truck! Thanks for coming by.

Joy said...

A very fine rooster strutting its stuff. I enjoyed your photo outing. I can never decide whether carved pumpkins are scary or fun although the one on the chair looks to be having a great laugh.

Powell River Books said...

Love that old truck. Pumpkin patches are so fun. But if they don't sell, it is so sad to see them rotting in the fields. - Margy

Trubes said...

Hi Leslie,
Such a PERFECT POST about PUMKINS.
Lovely PICTURES too, I love the Cockerel strutting about,
displaying his PLUMAGE for all to see, the PRINCE of the
PUMKIN PATCH.
Happy Halloween greetings to you and
your adorable family.

love from Di.
ABCW team.

ellen b said...

Perfect choice for P this week! Looks like a fun patch to visit. That Rooster shot looks like a painting! Hope your weekend is filled with treats instead of tricks!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Great photos! I like that someone took a photo of you as you took a photo of them. And, that was so cute how your grandkids waved at you as they went through the gate. Very sweet.
The View from the Top of the Ladder