About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

J is for JOYOUS JUMBLE of JITTERS

First of all, I must remind everyone that if it were not for the jazzy Denise Nesbitt, we would not have ABC Wednesday to keep us on our toes each week.  Also, we must thank our very own jolly Roger for taking on the duties of administrator of a blog that has exceeded all expectations! 

That said, I should be going into a very joyful time of my life.  The wedding preparations are moving along nicely and we're now talking weeks instead of months before the big day.  However, mixed with the joy of the upcoming event is a jumble of emotions that include not only excitement, but also jitters and fear. 

We have waited so long for this - one of the most important days of our lives.  And as I am going through my own jumble of emotions, I'm finding that Lorne is exhausted and all stressed out, too.  He's worried about money because he has been jobless for about 18 months due to cancer and the savings have gradually been disappearing.  He's worried about having to have surgery to repair the damage done from his liver surgery.  He's worried the cancer will come back at any time, even though his latest PET scan showed him to be free of it.  And he seems to be looking for reasons to start a fight.
Maybe it's all just normal jitters, but I guess I feel that at our age we should be able to cope better than 20-somethings.  If we can get away to a nice warm sandy beach with palm trees, hopefully we will get all juiced up and be raring to get on with life. 

So let's forget about the big C, broken ankles, and root canals!  Let's just get on with joy of living without the jumble of jitters!  Watch this space...

23 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

A new-bride jitters! How sweet! Well, Lorne has gotten a JEM, er, gem.

Photo Cache said...

I can relate to the all the what ifs jitters.

frankly my dear

Lisa said...

I like Rogers play on words....you are a Jem (Gem!). Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. I know it will be JUST PERFECT!

Trubes said...

Hello Mrs 'Jumbley Jitters'
,The day will pass as a most 'Joyous' occasion, Lorne is a lucky man to have found you again...it was mean't to be, wish we lived nearby then we could throw confetti over you both..
much love Di..xx

Carver said...

Jitters are normal and I hope you can have a joyful wedding and get away somewhere pleasant for a break. Wishing you both all the best. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

photowannabe said...

Oh Leslie, Hugs coming your way. I think Jitters are normal, especially with all both of you have been through. May your lives be filled with Joy and happiness.
Finances can make everyone nervous but you do have each other and two are better than one to go through the adventures of life.

ellen b. said...

Hope you and Lorne will be able to breathe in and breathe out and continue forward without stress...

Ann said...

Jubilant wishes coming your way for a wonderful wedding. So happy for you two.
Ann

Hildred said...

Happy for you both, Leslie, - Hope you will be able to embrace all this with much joyousness and be able to banish all your worries.

Reader Wil said...

I wish you a lot of strength and at the same time happiness for the big day! I hope that you can stop worrying for a while and enjoy doing the preparations.
Hugs, Wil

Obsessivemom said...

Wow this is exciting. Hope both of you get rid of the nerves and get set to enjoy your special day.

Nabanita said...

So exciting no? I wish you have so much fun in-spite of the jitters

Hazel said...

Really really exciting! I was smiling while reading your post. So glad too about Lorne's PET Scan. Looking forward to letter W! ;)

Joy said...

Gosh the time has gone fast for the wedding to be now weeks away, no wonder there are jitters. The worlds wishing you health, wealth and happiness have never been truer.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

May you and Lorne be blessed with peace, love and joy as you get ready for the big day.

AmitAag said...

Hearty congrats! Wish you a gala time ahead:)

Rajesh said...

Congratulations. Wish you great time.

Shailaja V said...

Good luck for the wedding. I am sure it's just jitters which will disappear in a jiffy! Many congratulations to you both :)

lotusleaf said...

Jitters will go away in a jiffy. I endorse Roger's words - Lorne is getting a jewel!

Liz Hinds said...

He has been through a lot and maybe he worries about what he puts you through but i'm sure you will get through these jitters as you have through much worse.

Liz Hinds said...

Leslie, will you tell mrs Nesbitt I can't get on her blog, please. I lost the link and now I can't access it again.
Oh I wonder if I can do it through your blog; I'll try that.

Anita Sabat said...

Loved reading this, Leslie!
Great message- "Let's just get on with joy of living without the jumble of jitters!"
Amen! :)

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Nice collection of J starting words. Thanks for sharing.