About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

G is for Garden Delights

As I sit here on Saturday afternoon watching the wet snow fall from the leaden sky, all I can think of is that it's time for Spring!  Spring, with flowers blooming and Lorne getting excited about all the pots he's going to prepare for African daisies, echinaceas, fuschias, and tomatoes!  I think most people find that Spring improves one's mood as we get outside in the warm sunshine and our thoughts turn to baseball, leisurely walks along the seashore, and gardening.

With that in mind, I thought I'd give you a little prelude to Spring by bringing you some of my photos of the flowers in and around my garden.  Enjoy and don't forget to turn up the music that accompanies the photos. It's called "Spring Has Sprung."

But before you click on the slideshow, remember the gentle Denise (creator of ABC Wednesday) and the gregarious Roger (our administrator) without whom we would all be out in the cold without ABCW to keep us warm together throughout the cold winter months.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

21 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

GEE, it's pretty.

Chris said...

Hi Leslie, your smile box photos are amazing, I am only just starting to try it.. The photos of the dog and the ball were taken in West Wales and the two final pics were Porthcawl in Wales my home town. We are booked into a B&B there the week before Easter with the dog as they take dogs..this is for me to put flowers on my mother's grand parents and aunts' graves. I go every year.
Hope all is going well for your wedding arrangements. My step daughter's wedding is 17th May, so quite a lot of excitement!
Love and Blessings
Chris xxxx

Reader Wil said...

Magnificent, very beautiful and colourful! The smile box opens also very beautiful with the windows.
Have a great week, Leslie!
Wil, ABCW Team

Indrani said...

Beautiful pics, your garden is definitely a wonderful place.

Obsessivemom said...

Amazingly beautiful. Loved loved that beginning. And the music.

Lisa said...

Oh my, these are giving me spring fever something terrible! I did Garden as well....but from a little different perspective!

photowannabe said...

Truly beautiful.
I just love the spring time flowers.

Carver said...

Wonderful garden flowers. Gorgeous!

ellen b. said...

So many beautiful flowers and colors! I'm excited for Spring to come!

Hildred said...

You are a Master of the Smilebox, Leslie, - enjoyed and yearned over your lovely garden pictures.

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

GREETINGS oh talented one! Thanks as always for a lovely visit!

Photo Cache said...

i'm dreaming of a garden right now as well.

frankly my dear

Hazel said...

A garden! One of my favoritesssttt things. Your neighbor's "climbing 'something'" made me smile. I can't believe how big Tegan is now. Lovely slideshow.

Shailaja V said...

Lovely post, Leslie! You always come up with the best photo slideshows!

And in response to your comment on my blog, Gy is my blog name for my daughter. Her real name and meaning is here:

Gayatrhi (Sanskrit: गायत्री, gāyatrī) is the feminine form of gāyatra, a Sanskrit word for a song or a hymn, having a Vedic meter of 3 padas or lines of 8 syllables. In particular it refers to the Gayatri mantra, and the Hindu goddess Gayatri as that mantra personified.

Leovi said...

Beautiful garden of delights!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful garden pics.

Joy said...

Beautiful, I now feel all warm and fuzzy and can ignore the icy blast outside.
I forgot to reply here about your London plinth question last week. The sculpture will change in 2015, don't know when but when it does it will either be a riderless horse or a hand thumbs up.

Nydia said...

Wow, you have such wonderful flowers in your garden! I especially loved the English poppies, so delicate!

Nabanita said...

ohh God these are so beautiful! A small piece of heaven!

Redlane Geraine said...

That was a such a delight to watch. Love each and every one of them, especially the tulip. And the roses are a great finishing touch.

Beloo Mehra said...

Wow! Your garden looks so great. All those beautiful Spring and Summer flowers...just lovely! G is always for gardening :)