About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, February 17, 2014

F is for FUN


Hi everyone!  I've been having a lot of fun lately watching the Olympics in Sochi and so grateful to the Canadian athletes who have put their all into their performances.  Canada is doing very well this year and are tied for 3rd place with Norway for total points out of all the countries involved.

I wrote about the Olympics last week, so had to try to think of something else that's fun for me at any time.  And I thought "Gee, I haven't posted about Tegan for ages!"  So I'm going to show you a few photos of the fun we have at the doggie parks or at the beach or even at home.  Hope you have fun watching!

Oh, and don't forget to thanks the fantastic Denise, the creator of ABCW, the fabulous Roger, our administrator, and the fun-loving team of assistants.  Without any of them, we wouldn't be so fortunate to have fun here on ABC Wednesday.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

30 comments:

GaynorB said...

Hi Leslie,

You've cheered me up today. Thank you!

Roger Owen Green said...

My wife's happy the US won the ice dancing, even though she hasn't SEEN the ice dancing yet.

Obsessivemom said...

That slide show made me smile. She's a lot like my kids.. they love water.. dirty or not, they love to play with sticks and they love daddy too :-D.

photowannabe said...

Your sweet Tegan has so much personality.
I love his smiles and adoring looks at his Daddy.

Reader Wil said...

Lovely slide show, Leslie! Yes the Canadians were good! The Dutch were not bad either. Yesterday they were second in the amount of medals. All of them are skaters. No skiers as we have no mountains.
Wil, ABCW Team.

Trubes said...

Fabulous funny and such fetching pictures of fantastic Tegan she is so fetching,
just loved the pictures Leslie

love Di...xxxx

Trubes said...

Oops! I used the word 'fetching twice', should read 'fabulous'
Di..xx

Nonnie said...

fun, nothing like it! thanks

Susan Moore said...

Tegan is a fine furry friend - so adorable!

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

What fun watching Tegan frolic!

Black Jack's Carol said...

Fabulous to see your fun and funny fotos of Tegan. Those first two of her sidling up cozily to her friends were especially adorable. Thinking of you and Lorne always, Leslie. Hope things are going well!

Lisa said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your slide show! Our Golden Retriever has a lot of the same characteristics....love of all things water and sticks! What a FUN post!

Hildred said...

Great to see another of your wonderful Smilebox videos, Leslie. Tegan is so sweet and the accompanying music was marvelous!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Greatr fun and he's lovely!

Carver said...

I've been having fun with the Olympics too!

Anonymous said...

That really was a Fun slide show! You all are having Fun in those pictures, Tegan Fills your lives with joy and it shows!

ellen b. said...

I love fun. I've been enjoying the Olympics, too.

Photo Cache said...

very nice.

we've been watching the olympics too.

frankly my dear

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Tegan is sure a sweet, beautiful and very friendly dog. I enjoyed the background music you chose for her photographic expose. Blessings!

Uppal said...

Such a sweet dog!Enjoyed the graphic narrative. It is no less than a treat on Wednesday morning.
Congrats!

Joy said...

Well we all think she's sweet. Dogs seem to be attracted and loathe to let go off large pieces of wood. So funny to watch them.

Tanya Breese said...

awwwwww love this!

Nydia said...

Congrats for Canada doing so well at the Olympic Games! And thank you for sharing your precious Tegan, she's really a sweetheart, and clearly has all the love and a wonderful life! :)

Ann said...


Tegan is such a delight, fun shots of frolic in the water!! I know what you and I will be watching today and tomorrow, HOCKEY--between Canada and US for the gold!!!
Ann

Gattina said...

Fun is an excellent word ! Didn't think of it. Still don't like the winter games, lol !

Ercotravels said...

Interesting title!! "fun - the part of life"..

Nabanita said...

The slide show made me smile...Thank you so much :)

Party of 5 said...

We're having so much fun watching the Olympics too. Yay Canada!

AmitAag said...

F is definitely for Fun:) Nice post:)
http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2014/02/fort.html

Redlane Geraine said...

Tegan is as cute as ever. Always makes me smile. :)