About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Tulips


I'm so excited to see my tulips starting to bud! It's only March 17th and they're all up with buds on them. This morning when I pulled the blinds in the dining room, I noticed two tulips with actual colour on them - one purple and one coral. I just had to take their photo! These are the first tulips I've ever grown, believe it or not. And the first bleeding heart of the season was there, too. Please click on the photos to enlarge them as you'll get a better look.
.






I'll make sure I get some photos when they're all in bloom!

5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

That first shot is a beauty, Leslie. We're three weeks into autumn now!

Months ago I promised to let you know as soon as my second novel, "Muskoka Maharani" was released - well, Penguin India released it on Monday.

Wishing you many years of happiness in this wonderful chapter of your life ....

Keep smiling

David

Mimi said...

Gosh, Leslie, your tulips are well on- it's been so cold a winter here that it'll be many weeks before ours show their faces.
Lovely to see the spring colours.
Well done on growing something new!

Leslie: said...

Thanks Mimi! And I even planed them myself, too! lol Lorne was going to plant them in straight rows, but I like them better in groups or clusters.

Thanks David! Wow, coming from you, that's a great compliment about the first photo I took.

Trubes said...

Gosh Leslie,
Your tulips are out before mine, we have lots of crocus, and the daffodils are just about to burst into bloom.
I just love Spring....
'When a young man's fancy, turns into a maiden's dream'.....
[With apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson].

Hope the wedding plans are going to plan Leslie.x

Di.xx

mrsnesbitt said...

Lovely Leslie, ours are on the brink too!