About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Monochrome Weekly

A couple of weeks ago, I spent a day over on the Sunshine Coast and did a post about it here. I didn't post this photo at the time because I was saving it for a Monochrome Weekly. These stairs led down to a beautiful beach where driftwood lay scattered on the sand and dogs fetched sticks for their masters. The day was absolutely gorgeous, sunny and warm, with not a cloud in the sky. And Iloved how the shadows played impishly on these steps. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed taking the photo.

Have a great week everyone and I'll try to get around to visiting everyone.

Be sure to click on the photo to enlarge it. It looks much better that way.

To view other Monochrome photos, click here.

9 comments:

Carver said...

That is a delightful shot. Well photographed.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, it's a lovely shot, Leslie.

magiceye said...

beautifully framed

Anonymous said...

I do like that, Leslie.

Daryl said...

Nice shot ..

Dragonstar said...

A short flight of steps, but so full of character. I'm not surprised you like it!

Calico Crazy said...

Beautiful! I really like the play of light and shadow on the texture of the wood.

Calico Contemplations

anemonen said...

Really a nice picture. Love it.

Jinksy said...

Love this version of a 'sweeping staircase'!