About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, July 13, 2009

That's My World

As most of my readers already know, I live in a small village just south of Vancouver, BC - right on one of the tributaries of the mighty Fraser River. There's a wharf in the village where you'll find Kaymaran Adventure Tours, which offers a variety of eco tourism activities from motorized boat tours to Guided Kayak Tours of the nearby Ladner Marsh. You can even rent a bike. Bird watching and wildlife viewing opportunities are superb in the estuary which is home to the well known Reifel Island Bird Sanctuary on Westham Island. Our guides and river pilots also provide fascinating commentary regarding the cultural and economic history of the Mighty Fraser, a working river today and an important part of our heritage here in British Columbia. The sheltered waters and pleasant climate here in the estuary provide year round boating, paddling, and bicycling enjoyment for adventurers of all ages.

I was down at the wharf about 2 weeks ago and got these shots of the KAT rental office, one of their boats carrying a kayak, and a few of the private and fishing boats moored along the river. Hope you enjoy the photos and I'm looking forward to seeing others' worlds.


Visit the creative team behind That's My World Tuesday by clicking here.

8 comments:

ninja said...

OMG I can hardly keep up with the American abbreviations. What's a KAT rental office?

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous shots! Love the little red house and the boats!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful place to visit !!.
Thanks for sharing yr wonderful world.

Unknown said...

Oh send that dampness to me please :-) What a cute little rental hut and nice area.

Wolynski said...

Love that cute little boat in the middle - I'd certainly rent it. Your photos are coming along very nicely.

Arija said...

I would love the tourist office as a studio. Beautiful place with all those possibilities.

Unknown said...

That rental office is rather cute, especially with the two chairs sitting outside it.

' C'mon down and sit awhile. ' :-)
Great photos !!!

Rositta said...

What a nice world you live in. I've only been to Vancouver and Victoria and someday I'll get back out that way...ciao