About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Video - my first attempt

Last week, my daughter brought her two little ones over for a visit. Noah brought his bathing suit so he could run through the sprinkler and I managed to catch a bit of his fun. He's such a funny little guy and makes us laugh! He started yelling, "Nothing can stop your power!" and I'm not sure whether he was referring to the water, to the wind, to the sprinkler or to himself. Regardless, take yourself back to childhood and enjoy the moment.

4 comments:

Russell said...

Summer fun!! Oh yes... I think all of us can remember running through a sprinkler or a fire hydrant or having a hose sprayed over us!!

I enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful flowers the other day! Wow!! You definitely have a green thumb!!

Out here in Iowa we are in the middle of a heat wave - summer finally arrived and is making up for lost time!! Isn't it interesting how "averages" work out??! We had cool weather and now extremely hot weather - so it will look like we had an "average" summer!! Oh well...!

Take care.

Pam said...

Thanks for your kind comment about my SIL. I'm sure you understand the problem much more than most.

That sprinkler looks fun!

Jo said...

Leslie, when I was a little kid, running through the sprinkler was one of my favorite things to do. I'm so glad to see little kids still do that. Noah looks so cute, and he's having so much fun!

We don't need a sprinkler today, do we? *sigh*

Leslie: said...

Hi all, yes running through the sprinkler takes me back to when I'd do it and when my kids would do it. They always had such a lot of fun!

And, no Jo, we sure don't want to run through the sprinkler today. However, the gardens need the sprinkles we're having so in a way, we're able to be eco friendly.