About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Leslie Likes...

I've been pretty stressed out lately, so decided to try to think of positive things. So, today I am concentrating on things I like or appreciate about myself. Another day I might do my dislikes. Feel free to share your own likes.
1. The saying, "If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all."
2. Clothes, parties, and intelligent people.
3. A little protein with my salad (any type of cheese or seafood will do).
4. To keep active.
5. My independence.
6. Listening to music and reading books.
7. To spin magical stories.
8. To laugh and enjoy life.
9. To challenge myself.
10.The idea of hanging out on clouds.

7 comments:

Susan said...

What lovely posts and photos you have uploaded this week. Family times and that little Noah is adorable. Sounds like you had a nice family filled week.
Sorry you are feeling a bit stressed. Maybe its coz you are just plain old pooped from all that action. Keeping up with a three year old is not an easy task!

Jo said...

Leslie, how could you forget ice cream? Häagen-Dazs strawberry cheesecake ice cream. We'll get some when we go to the Ladner market on the weekend. I hope it doesn't rain. Last weekend was fabulous weather, and I was sick in bed all weekend. Sigh.

Canadian Bloggette said...

Hmmmmm things I like...GOOD ONE!!
I like.......
- watching my daughters grow
- watching their children grow
- Life
- Smiling faces on peoples of all ages and stages
- Warm hugs
- Doing one thing a day that scares me, as a daily reminder that I am indeed alive!
- Freedom of choice
- Laughter
- Peace & Tranquility
- Enjoying good health
- Travel
- Different cultural experiences
- Being so very privileged to live in a country where we are so fortunate: fresh water to drink etc, good health care, freedom of speech etc etc
- Being surrounded by precious friends
- Having wonderful parents that are stll alive
- Waking up to a new day and a new opportunity
- Appreciating the fact that I am in a "good place" and able to sit at a computer and type all of my "likes" and not my "dislikes"
- The fact that I have faced many obstacles in life, surmounted them one by one and am truly blessed by all that I do have!!!

I could go on and on........
Basically.... to sum it up....I like all that money can't buy!!!! !
Good thing!!!
....as money, I don't have!! ( and maybe even that ultimately is a good thing!)
Thanks for reminding me about how fortunate I am...have a great day!
It is all about the half full vs half empty thing! Right?
Hugs
Cheryl xox

Smalltown RN said...

stressed out...oh that won't do....yes as Josie said...what about the ice cream? But I love your list...I love that you see those characteristics in yourself....that has to feel good!

Cheers my friend

Leslie: said...

Hi everyone - yes, I believe I could have gone on and on with my likes, but figured I'd stop at 10 or else you'd all stop there, anyway.

And ice cream is definitely on the list. My mother's favourite was butterscotch ripple but my all time favourite now is the pinoli gelatto that I had in Italy last year. But you can be sure I'll never turn down any flavour!

jmb said...

This is an excellent idea for a post Leslie, maybe I'll steal one day. It is almost like stopping to smell the flowers to think about the things you like, which are all attainable. Well I don't know about hanging out on clouds, although you can imagine it.
regards
jmb

Susie said...

Sorry to hear you're stressed. Counting one's blessings is always a wonderful exercise. My Mom used to always say "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" Do parents say that anymore???
:)