About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Alaska Trip Part 1

Here are some of the photos I got during the great adventure to Alaska. I thought most of you'd want to see people since Umberto takes such good shots of the scenery. I hope you all enjoy the photos.



Leslie, Eileen, Cathy at the champagne party when we embarked.


Dancing up a storm at the nightclub first night on board.


Here's Georgette and I - we met in Manhattan Beach and remembered each other instantly.


More dancing - we didn't need to work out after all this!


Eileen (in green) and Cathy (in blue) trying some line dancing.


This is another new friend, Judy, from New York state.


And another new friend, Jane, from Chicago. She is a real sweetie! Our cabins were just 2 doors down from each other!

7 comments:

willemina said...

Hi Leslie! Welcome Home!!!
We've missed you!

Thanks for letting us know that you've already posted some pics :)
I do think the scenery is beautiful but as you've said...we women like to see people...
These are some very good shots and I'm looking forward to seeing some more when you get time.
I can't believe that both cruises are over already...so...did you have lots of fun???
You look great in the pictures by the way...I love your cropped jeans...they're my favorite.

look at this word...iyebjqzj????
I hope I get it right.

beachgirl said...

Nice pictures. I loved my cruise last year.
The scenery is spectacular.
I am glad you had a great time.
Carol

droma said...

Leslie
Welcome back!
You re' looking good!
Shows that you enjoyed yourself.

Right, we like people pictures, especially with names!
Umberto could take a lesson from you, he takes too many "behind" pictures, not what us women care to have "exposed"! :-)

Captain Crabby....looks familiar?! LOL, Leslie.
Just how much of the original itinerary did RR present?
Or didn't you attend the royal lectures?!

Have a great week...its' 1:45 AM monday here in Ohio;
Ellen

Jo said...

Leslie, it looks as if you had a WONDERFUL time on your cruise. And you look FABULOUS, my goodness.

I will call you when I get back from my canoeing trip. I want to hear all about the cruise.

Josie

Anonymous said...

Leslie!! Great pictures!!!

Peg

Jo said...

HI, Leslie. My brother left his laptop at the cabin. He came up here to make sure his "little sister" was okay all by herself. LOL. We went canoeing. I will do a post about it.

Cheers for now,

Josie

heiresschild said...

hi leslie,

these are great pics. i'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise. you prepared for it and worked hard losing your weight and shopping. you look good. i like the capri jeans also. i could wear them all of the time, but then ian would write an article about me. (just kidding ian!)

my favorite christian artist, michael w. smith, is sponsoring an alaskan cruise next july. i would absolutely love to go on that cruise.

welcome back.

msdsjs = mixed dee jays

sylvia