About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Me

Franny's latest post took me back to my childhood so I started looking at the old photos. Just thought I'd share a few with you.


Here I am (in middle) at San Luis Obispo in Sept '58 with my beloved hula hoop that just came into fashion. My younger sister Jackie and older sister Robin are with me.


This is Halloween 1958 - I was a gypsy and Jackie was an inmate from Alcatraz. She was the hit of the night wearing my Dad's soccer shirt and the hat he got in San Fran as a souvenir.


I grew a LOT in 6th grade, all the way to 5'6" (look at those legs!). Here I am fishing with my sister Jackie and cousin John. (I have no idea who the other girl is)

My sister Robin and I thought we were gorgeous in our new bathing suits! And I was happy I'd grown taller than her. I think I'm almost 15 here and sis is 18.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Leslie, these are wonderful.....!!! Isn't it fun to root through the old photo albums? My gosh, you have given me an idea. Oh, I have photos, let me tell you. What fun...!

Josie

Leslie: said...

Hi Josie, it was fun looking through them. But, my GAWD, the styles in those days! I can't believe some of the clothes we wore. I have others but am too embarrassed to show them here. LOL Oh man...wagnpj

Anonymous said...

Great Photos!! I love photos of "where we have been" to see how far we really have come!!

Great picture by the way of you today!! :)

Peg

Ian Lidster said...

And, you and your sister did look gorgeous as bathing beauties. Great pictures. And you got to go to California in 1958. I didn't get there until '61. But, since I was 18 and staying with a good friend, I got to have an 'American Graffiti' summer, complete with hotrods and fantasy babes in white T-Birds. You take me back.

Ian

Leslie: said...

Hi Ian, you probably had a LOT more fun than I did - I was with my parents! You were FREE to roam.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie!! Yes...I got a bike ride in...and a swim in the lake...much needed. But really really really got to hit the books now....enought goofing off LOL!!!

You have a great weekend!

Peg

Tai said...

Oh, those pictures are wonderful!
Thanks for showing them.

beachgirl said...

OK now I feel like the baby.
I was born in 1958.
Have an awesome day!

willemina said...

Leslie...these pictures are great! I'm going to go through my mother's albums and find some to post on my blog...I agree with Peg, it's fun to see where we've been and where we are going....and yes Carol,it looks like you are the baby here :) 1958?